Functional Health – Internal Disorders
Functional Health Protocols
- Do you have thyroid symptoms, but your blood tests are normal?
- Do you have symptoms if you don’t take medicine?
- Do you have stomach pain if you don’t take antacids?
- Do you have GERD, acid reflux, GI complaints?
- Do you shake, get hangry or have headaches if you don’t eat?
- Do you have menstrual cramps that keep you home due to pain?
- Do you have headaches before your period, painful breasts, or heavy flow when you menstruate?
“Medicine is the study of disease and what causes man to die. Chiropractic is the study of health and what causes man to live.”
— Son of the Founder of Chiropractic, B. J,. Palmer
“Functional health is a journey. It takes time to get sick; and it takes time to get well.”
— Dr. Robert Poane
Functional Health attempts to answer the question, “If my blood tests are normal, why do I feel so bad?”
— Dr. Robert Poane
Symptoms and Conditions
- Seasonal Allergies
- Runny Nose or Eyes
- Pollen, Trees, Plants, Weeds, Flowers, Graxx, Dust, Dust Mites, Mold, Mildew, Fungus, Perfume, Cigarette Smoke, Cats, Dogs, Animals, Chemicals
- Food Sensitivity – Wheat, eggs Soy, Dairy, Sugar, Corn, Wine, etc.
- Functional Blood Analysis
- Headache before Period
- Heavy Flow
- Menstrual Symptoms
- Menopausal Symptoms
- Thyroid Dyusfunction
- Surgar Dysregulation
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Antacids (protocal to stop)
- Stomach Pain
- IBS Constipation, Diarrhea or Mix
Conventional Medicine VS Functional Medicine
- Disease Oriented
- Symptom Supression
- Doctor Centeres
- All Patients are Treated the Same
- Long Term Reliance on Medication
- Early Detection of Disease
- Reactive Approach
- Diagnosis Based on Symptoms
- Health Oriented
- Symptoms Are a Clue to the Cause
- Patient Centered
- Holistic Customized Approach
- Long-Term Restoration on Health
- Prevention of Disease
- Proactive Approach
- Restore Natural Balance to Stop or Prevent Symptoms
Does Insurance Pay for Functional Health?
Insurance companies pay primarily for management of a named disease or condition. Functional Health does not follow this medical model and therefore is not a covered service. Health savings account usually cover Functional Health office visits and treatment, but might not cover supplements. Please check with your administrator if you would like to submit to your HSA.
There are several facets to Functional Health that influence the cost. Such as special testing, office visit fees, ‘behind the scenes analysis of test results, research, and the cost of nutraceutical supplements.
What To Expect
What to expect: a thorough physical examination, analysis of your Story (history), and all paper-work completed, including a functional and clinical analysis of blood tests or other tests, if applies.
After the initial visit, you will either be given instructions to return for an explanation of the examination findings or be given a prescription for blood work or other significant investigatory tests.
Part of the plan includes dietary advice, and nutraceuticals to supplement the diet. There will be several follow up visits to assess changes and to monitor your condition. Please understand the fee schedule so there are no financial surprises along the way.,,
*Most functional medicine tests are not likely covered by insurance. A HSA might cover some of the tests. Please see Nancy for proper coding if you submit to either your insurance company or HSA.